Saturday, April 17, 2010

Marxism Presentation


I would definitely say that I was satisfied with our presentation. It went better than I expected. Not because we were not prepared, but because Marxism is a dense and difficult topic to cover.

I was covering portions of “Wage Labor and Capital.” Keeping in mind that the presentation should include involvement from the class, I decided to incorporate a multiple choice question and answer section. I tried to keep the questions simple, but still important. I wanted to make sure the class was able to confidently answer the questions after the difficult origami task, but I also wanted to make sure that they were retaining important information about Marxism. At the end of my section I also included a video clip from Howard Zinn’s play “Marx in Soho.” Unlike Marx’s writing the clip is concise and easy to understand and I thought it would add nicely to our presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment